Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, Another year as come and gone. It seems like we just rang in a new year and here comes a new one again. I have couple of resolutions: To get better organized at home. I have no problem being organized at work. In fact, I was voted most organized by my co-workers. Ha, if only they could see my mess at home. I also want to make a budget and stick with it so that I can move out. Check on the picture to see a better view.














Anyway, I'd like post some pictures I'd like to share. I've been meaning to post this before now. They are of my Autumnal and Christmas decor. In my Autumnal decor, I set up the table for my grandmother's and my birthday. I used a carriage lantern that I bought at Southern Living party. The candle that's in it is from Habersham Candle Company. Those are some of the best candles. You just about don't have to light them for the fragrance to be released and they release for a long time as well. The candle had what looks like jewels and glitter adhered to the wax. So going with that look. I bought glittery fall foliage swags and loose leaves. Once I was through with using it as a table centerpiece and moved it to the mantle. I was very pleased with turned out, because it was actually a challenge. But I was not nearly as pleased as I was with my Christmas mantle.















My colors are blue, silver, and white. It doesn't matter if it's Christmas or not, those are my colors. It's what I'm attracted to. I like to use stars and snowflakes. I always envision a snowy winters night where there's snow on the ground and a crystal like stars scattered about a velvety midnight blue sky. I'm not exactly how I got this vision, but I think it was from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Charlie Brown is walking with his pathetic tree under a clear December night. The stars shone bright, heavenly, and holy. It is scenes like that, be it real or animated, that I feel small and insignificant. It makes me think of my current wallpaper on my desktop. It is a photo of the heavens with the verse "When I consider the heavens What is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care from him?" Psalms 8. What more can I say. I love the night sky for other reasons. It's just the most beautiful, awe-inspiring piece of creation ever.




----------------
Now playing: Sarah Brightman - Deliver Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment